The Indian betting community is gearing up for an upright presentation at the twelfth esports world championship which will be held online from October to November. At the prestigious tournament, Abhinav Tejan (Tekken7), Moinuddin Amdani (PES 2020), and five members Team Random (Dota 2) will represent the nation.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the 2020 Esports world championship has refashioned its arrangement to include an amalgamation of online and offline competitions, unlike previous years. This year, the partaking countries will strive against the teams allocated to their regions, with the champion of each province succeeding for the World Championship Finals, which will be held offline in Israel.
Who will compete in the championship
Ten separate regions will compete in regional qualifiers, with the Indian contingent competing in the South Asia Region alongside Nepal, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives.
- Amdani, a Mumbai gamer who successfully defended his national title in PES 2020, will compete in his second World Championship. “For any player, representing India at a global level is always an honor. This year’s National Championship was difficult, but I was able to defend my title, and I’m looking forward to representing my country at the World Championship,” he said.
- Tejan, the Tekken7 national champion, said of his fifth international esports federation (IESF) competition, “I’m very excited and optimistic heading into this year’s World Championship.” This year, it could be anyone’s game. When playing virtually, the pressure will be on everyone, and the winner will be the one who can handle mental stress. We are already working hard and giving it our all on our end.”
- DOTA 2 is a new addition to the gaming list this year, and Team Random, who recently won the national championship title, will represent India in this game. Khaja Hussain, Amit Malwal, Omkar Urunkar , Omkar Gharat, and Akshay Dhoni, who make up the squad, are eager to make an impression at the world’s most prestigious gathering. “Our team mix would be our asset, and we showed a glimpse of what we can do during the national championship,” Urunkar remarked.
- This year’s Esports World Championship will feature a record-breaking 60 countries competing. On the official IESF sites, the matches will be streamed online.
- For the first time, the International esport federation designated Israel to congregation the esport World championship in 2020. It is one of the most important and prestigious events in the gaming industry. It will be held as an online event between October and November, with the main event taking place in Eilat in December.
- Over 10,000 gamers from over 55 countries are expected to compete in the tournament, which will be televised live to millions worldwide.
- In 2020, the World Championship will be held in a small online ‘Covid-19’ format with the finals in Eilat, and in 2021, it will be held in a much larger and more prestigious format. Outside of Korea, Israel will be the first nation to host the world championship twice in a row. The city of Eilat, Maccabi world union, Israeli state and the Israeli gaming association will be at the vanguard of the world’s fastest-growing industry in the next two years.