The sports betting industry is evolving!
Earlier, only manual sports were popular. However, with the advent of video games and computer gaming, most people are participating in ESports betting.
Betting on ESports is a bit different than normal sports betting. So if you want to know more about ESports betting, follow this guide.
What is E-Sports?
ESports = Electronic Sports. It is a sports gaming competition using electronic medium like gaming console and computer.
Gamers and gaming teams from all around the world come together to participate in video gaming competitions and tournaments.
The gamers have to compete in popular games like Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Doat-2, League of Legends, etc. The competition is live-streamed on popular media channels like YouTube, Twitch, etc.
What is E-Sports Betting?
Gamers compete with each other to win a cash prize in ESports gaming tournaments. However, there are people who love to live stream the games and bet on their favourite gamer.
In this type of betting, you need to check the odds on different gamers and ESports team. You can choose the team of gamer who is more likely to win the match and place your bet on them.
If the team of gamer wins the match, you will win the bet as well. As there are many gaming tournaments and competitions, you will get multiple ESports betting options.
Popular E-Sports Games to Bet On
Here are some of the most popular ESports you can bet on. You will mostly find these games on betting sites.
- Counter-Strike: In this game, there are two teams who have to compete with each other. You can either bet on a terrorist or counter-terrorist team.
- DOTA 2: There are two teams in this games. Each ESports team has five players. The players have to compete with each other, match by match.
- League of Legends: It is the most popular ESports game. In this game, the individual player as well as the team who to play the role of a champion and win the game.
- Call of Duty: There are two teams that compete with each other. Each team has 7 to 10 players.
- FIFA: It is a team game in which one team has to compete with the other and score more goals.
Forms of E-Sports Betting
Here are the different forms of ESports betting. You can choose any of these forms to bet.
- Social Betting: It is a type of private betting. You have to bet with strangers.
- Real Money Betting: It is the most common form of betting. You have to bet on fixed-odds with real money.
- Challenge Betting: In this form of betting, you have to compete in a game with other gamers for the money.
- Fantasy ESports Betting: In this form of betting, you have to choose a player or ESports team of players to compete in a tournament. If they win, you will get a share of the prize.
Popular E-Sports Betting Sites
If you want to bet on ESports, here are some of the most popular betting sites you can use.
- 22bet: You can use this site to bet on sports as well as ESports. It covers all the major gaming tournaments.
- Bet365: This is another betting site you can use. You will get better odds and ESports matches on this site.
- Betway: With this betting site, you can enjoy amazing rewards in ESports betting. You will get many popular games to choose from.